Monday, October 3, 2011

NYC


Cue Interpol song. Going to be back in the States attending the New York Comicon next week and it seems there'll be a special little Batman: Noel goody for those attending. New York Comicon magazine will be featuring a five page preview of the book, which is pretty damn nifty. For those attending, I'll be camped out most of the show at the Splashpage Art booth as well as doing a Batman panel Friday as well as signing at the DC booth on Saturday. Looking forward to drinking lots of coffee and seeing friends and family.

In book news, I've just seen an actual copy and am REALLY pleased with the way the thing printed. Pretty classy looking packaging as well so hopefully people will dig it when it comes out in a month. I'm going to be filling this blog with black and white pages after the thing is released, as well as some other covers and illustrations I've been working on for the past few months. If this blog is a crime scene (sometimes it feels that way), get ready for an orgy of evidence... To keep you tied over 'till then, the DC blog has unveiled a few pages to wet the appetite.

8 comments:

  1. Looks better with every preview. Can't wait to see your work in the oversize format too!

    Got your Batman and Joker statues facing off against each other on my shelf, so this book's been on my wish list for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee! Your work is really incredible. We seem to have a mutual friend, and would love the opportunity to interview you (via email) for our webzine. http://darkmediacity.wordpress.com

    Looking forward to Batman: Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made his battle suit/costume very real and believable.
    This book is definitely on my "must have" list in November.
    Great job!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those preview pages on the DC blog are fantastic. I really like the way you do layouts. The combination of panels and the kind of montage thing gives the storytelling a fluidity without loosing the clarity. You've got a distinct feel to your layouts.
    I too will be attending the NY con this year. I'll be in artist alley. I'll have to come by and say hi or something... If that's cool.
    "I had seven faces. Thought I knew which one to wear"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dustin. Appreciate the kind words. Darkmediacity: Totally cool to do an interview for your webzine. How do I get in touch with you? Ben,
    dude, thanks for picking up the statues. They still haven't sent me a Joker. I've never actually seen it in person :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lee! Just shoot me an email at darkmediacity@gmail.com, and we'll get it put together just in time to promote Batman: Noel. Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee! I don't know if this is the best place to post this but looking at your work, how do you make it so realistic looking? do you use a lot of reference photos? Compared to your work on HellBlazer (more ink based) your art has significantly changed! also, any tips for drawing interesting backgrounds? many thanks

    Will

    ReplyDelete