Monday, May 17, 2010

The Devil




Finally found these pages while in a folder of old random work. Thought I had lost them. It had been a while since I'd seen these in black and white. I absolutely LOVE drawing Daredevil and can say with certainty I'm no where near done with this character. Would love to do some more DD interior work, since these three pages only scratched the surface of my interest. In fact, I'd LOVE to take Daredevil back to more of the feeling it had in it's first 20 issues or so. As much as everybody enjoys brooding, dark Matt Murdock, I'd like to take a left turn and take the character back to his more adventurous and cavalier roots. Matt Hollingsworth did a stellar job with these pages in color. I was thrilled to be working with the guy that colored Grendel: Devils and Deaths, probably one of my top three favorite books of all time. Anyone who hasn't read it should find it immediately.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous work. Were these a personal work or for something published?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I want to find it if it's out. Let us know!Love the work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually said 'Whoa!' out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages are from Daredevil #100 (before the book's latest renumbering put it in the #600's).

    There are various covers including a nice Bermejo piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are amazing. i find these to probably be some of my favorite of what work of yours that i have seen. i purchased the joker graphic novel when it was released and love the entire book, but these black and white works are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT pages Lee....wow just wow!!

    Rich (Friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the claustrophobic quality of these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great works Lee !
    Disegni davvero potenti ;)

    Paolo Barbieri

    ReplyDelete
  9. is this pencil or ink? or none of the above lol? how do you go about making your black and white images? (hopefully this comment does not send multiple times because i keep getting errors when trying to post this)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all. As for the technical aspects of how I do what I do, it's basically all just traditional pencil and ink followed by some rendering in pencil and a bit of ink wash. Fairly simply. No computer trickery involved. Just a loooot of time at the drawing table

    ReplyDelete