Monday, August 31, 2009

This time it's personal....


A piece I did for myself. This one has had a funny effect on me. It began as just a way to draw subject matter that interested me. A world where I controlled every visual element. Awfully masturbatory but I think it served it's purpose and then some. Hopefully it will turn into something down the road. I've got a story for it that seems pretty decent. It's a slow burn, the writing process, though. Having wrote the script for the graphic novel I'm currently working on, I can say that it only get's harder. The first one seems like puppy love. It's innocent and awkward, easier than you thought....but only because it ain't meant to be the love of your life. The second one has been all sloppy, hands where they shouldn't be and overly moist. Learning.

In all seriousness, I really like the idea of doing more personal work in the future. I feel like the first ten years of my career have been about learning to ride the bike. Hopefully the next few will be about traveling.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lee. I always follow your blog, but don't say anything because, what can I say? That you got amazing talent? Your work is brilliant? I guess all that is already said. But man, your personal work ROCKS so much. Tell us about the travel, man.
    Best regards.
    Sorry, but what technic do you use? Is it digital? Washed ink? It looks soooo cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah this is awesome.
    cover of your sketchbook aswell. I fetched it off ebay.
    i look forward to seeing your creator owned stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer, man. Totally killer. Love the rage underneath it all. I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna link your blog on mine. Keep up the awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete